Sunday, January 2, 2011

Filling in all the Blanks in the New Year

Where the heck did 2010 go? As I sit, typing, swearing I will use this space as I first intended to when I set it up a hundred years ago (an outlet for stories, ideas, travels, things I've done and think and all that stuff) I'm reflecting on the past year and honestly, it's been a blur. My fleeting memory has been the cause of oh too many arguments, but honestly, without written proof of accomplishments, although I know there are many, I'm not really sure where the past 365 days have gone. So, I'm going to outline them here, so next year, when sitting down to write the first blog of the New Year I'm not fumbling around my memory (So help me, I will be writing more frequently or else...) Without further hesitation or procrastination here are the momentous occurrences of my 2010:

January
New Year's Eve 2010: a night spent with a few close friends within a 5 mile radius of our home in Conshohocken. When midnight stuck, I toasted my wonderful boyfriend in the comfort of our own home, and came to the realization that there was no where in the world I'd rather be at that particular moment (he could probably argue that that lasted about 5 minutes, at which time I started planning what we would do next).

















February
South Africa: 3 weeks took me on a trip of a lifetime, where my eyes were saturated with awesome wonders, both breathtaking and heartbreaking, and my view of the world forever altered.





March & April & May

Music, Restaurants, Cooking, Puppy play dates, Stone Harbor Seafood festival & boat show, Brad's Employment, BBQ's, Parties, Home improvements: a spring filled with forward motion and lots of fun. Special mention to Johnny Brenda's, where the band was loud, Cafette, where the company & ambiance glowed, Ristorante Luciano's, where the food was delicious and Groupons, where the deals were plentiful.





June
The first of the 30's: one of my best girlfriend's turned 30 in NYC and I went to celebrate the occasion. After a 3 hour champagne boat tour around Manhattan, countless buckets of coronas at the Frying Pan and an unforgettable time at the Boat Basin, 30 turned out to be the best kind of birthday.



July & August

Mi Casa es Su Casa y Su puppy's Casa: the summer months were spent with friends and their puppy's and our house became a safe haven for many traveling between circumstances. I loved the company and the dinning al fresco.









September

Birthday's & Bachelorette's: another season and another girlfriend turned over the 30 leaf, where celebration of Aqua proportion ensued, my sweet puppy turned 1, so I threw her a party with all her chums, and a friend's pre-wedding ritual pointed me to the Pocono's, where a lake house weekend made me nostalgic for the beach house days on one hand and thankful for the quiet, grown-up retreat of my town-house. Boy, we sure had fun though!





October
Canoeing, Camping, Carving, Celebrating: one of my favorite season's, fall 2010 did not disappoint. The 4th year in a row I Peddaled, Paddled and Paced, I partnered with Brad for his second Marshalton Triathlon, where we beat our 2009 time. A final camping trip followed with our little Winnie, where a leash incident lit us up with laughter (after we put out the fire that is). Listening to Phils play over the radio, eating smores and sitting around a fire really makes for a good trip. One other fall bullet of course includes pumpkins, apples and dressing up like a giant gingerbread man. Winnie's little puppy face glowed on our porch for all Hallows Eve, while I flexed my muscles. Happy Halloween & Happy Birthday Brad!


November
Momentous Milestones: Turned 30, went to Ireland, Got engaged. Too many words could describe these amazing events, but to sum them up in one: Unforgettable




December

A Flurry of Festivities & Christmas at home: the month started with New York, for a whirlwind week, including a Broadway show, Memphis, Holiday window watching, and eating amazing dinners. Then, with the tree trimmed and the house warm with the smell of home-baked cookies, Brad and I celebrated our first Christmas not only as an engaged couple, but the first holiday spent together. It was how it should be.


So, in a fee simple paragraphs, I've summed up 2010 and have realized, while reviewing each month, my year was packed with goodness. Assuming my obsessive planning will continue into 2011, I'm hoping to fill along the blanks as I go.


Happy New Year!
















































No comments: